Books Online Free An Inconvenient Book: Real Solutions to the World's Biggest Problems Download
List Books Supposing An Inconvenient Book: Real Solutions to the World's Biggest Problems
| Original Title: | An Inconvenient Book: Real Solutions to the World's Biggest Problems |
| ISBN: | 1416552197 (ISBN13: 9781416552192) |
| Edition Language: | English URL http://www.glennbeck.com/ |
Glenn Beck
Hardcover | Pages: 295 pages Rating: 3.75 | 3935 Users | 519 Reviews
Narrative As Books An Inconvenient Book: Real Solutions to the World's Biggest Problems
So far just a bunch of Republican rhetoric and unsupported "facts." Lots of "statistics" but Beck doesn't list a single authority for them. His brilliant solution to the problem of global warming is to do nothing. What a genius. His use of the English language is uninspiring to say the least and his pathetic attempts at humor fall far short of even a mild tickle (racism and bald-faced elitism are apparently not funny--who knew). I'm only reading it to force my brother into watching Al Gore's movie...and out of mild curiosity to peer briefly into a stubbornly ignorant mind. No, I did not pay for the book and no one should. Update: Managed to finish the book while reading exclusively on the toilet, which is entirely appropriate. By far one of the worst, most worthless wastes of paper I have ever read.
Details Epithetical Books An Inconvenient Book: Real Solutions to the World's Biggest Problems
| Title | : | An Inconvenient Book: Real Solutions to the World's Biggest Problems |
| Author | : | Glenn Beck |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 295 pages |
| Published | : | November 20th 2007 by Threshold Editions (first published January 1st 2007) |
| Categories | : | Politics. Nonfiction. Humor |
Rating Epithetical Books An Inconvenient Book: Real Solutions to the World's Biggest Problems
Ratings: 3.75 From 3935 Users | 519 ReviewsEvaluation Epithetical Books An Inconvenient Book: Real Solutions to the World's Biggest Problems
I started reading this book late one night because I didn't have any other books to read. The first few pages produced some stifled giggles, but then I started howling w/laughter at the "global warming" section, to the point where Paul asked me to please go somewhere else so he could sleep.I like Glenn Beck's writing and his self-deprecating sense of humor. He doesn't take himself too seriously but is able to convey some of the world's serious problems and offer some good solutions to them, allGlenn Beck is a funny guy with good common sense and realistic viewpoints on the world's "problems." Funny as heck in certain places and serious in others, it's a good read.
WARNING: If you are a liberal whose sensitivities are easily upset, you may be offended by this book. This is not politically correct. However, Glenn's highly slanted, sometimes abrasive observations more often than not fit with my own. I think that much of the material is presented in a humorous way; Al Gore probably would not. It's also chock full of warnings about the dangerous path on which our nation is heading.

If you have a sense of humor, dont take yourself too seriously, and can take off the kaleidoscope glasses of contemporary liberal thought long enough to take an honest look at the world, you have to love Glenn Beck. Glenn is a funny guy, a smart guy, and sometimes a scary guy. Glenn frequently, self-depreciatingly, refers to himself as a rodeo clown. If you know what the rodeo clowns are really doing down there in the arena you may agree that this reference is actually a pretty accurate allegory
I listen to Glenn Beck's radio show every chance I get and was really looking forward to his book. I thought some of the chapters were excellent and some where trying to be funny but weren't that funny. Glenn is very funny in his show, but it didn't quite transfer over to me. The chapters that I really liked left out the zany humor and laid out the facts.I would advise everyone to read this book; just read fast on the silly stuff and get right to the meat of the matter.
I give this four stars in the area of political books, totally separate from fiction and non-fiction. :) Glenn Beck calls 'em how he sees 'em, and that's what I like about this one. I especially liked his views on pornography. Thanks for the reminder, Jen. I forgot I read this one!Good, quick read ... I highly recommend it.(Even if you're a Democrat, Donna ... ha.)
Glenn Beck is my best friend, who never calls. I love his opinion on politics and I am usually with him 100% of the time. He is amazing. He is one of my heros.I finished this book for a second time. On our long drive to Illinois, I read it to my husband. It is a great read. Each chapter is a different topic.
.png)


0 Comments:
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.