Download Books For Voices of Dragons (Voices of Dragons #1) Free Online

List Books To Voices of Dragons (Voices of Dragons #1)

Original Title: Voices of Dragons
ISBN: 0061798940 (ISBN13: 9780061798948)
Edition Language: English
Series: Voices of Dragons #1
Download Books For Voices of Dragons (Voices of Dragons #1) Free Online
Voices of Dragons (Voices of Dragons #1) Hardcover | Pages: 309 pages
Rating: 3.7 | 4435 Users | 498 Reviews

Rendition Conducive To Books Voices of Dragons (Voices of Dragons #1)

On one side of the border lies the modern world: the internet, homecoming dances, cell phones. On the other side dwell the ancient monsters who spark humanity's deepest fears: dragons. Seventeen-year-old Kay Wyatt knows she's breaking the law by rock climbing near the border, but she'd rather have an adventure than follow the rules. When the dragon Artegal unexpectedly saves her life, the rules are abruptly shattered, and a secret friendship grows between them. But suspicion and terror are the legacy of human and dragon interactions, and the fragile truce that has maintained peace between the species is unraveling. As tensions mount and battles begin, Kay and Artegal are caught in the middle. Can their friendship change the course of a war? In her young-adult debut, New York Times bestselling author Carrie Vaughn presents a distinctly twenty-first-century tale of myths and machines, and an alliance that crosses a seemingly unbridgeable divide.

Be Specific About Epithetical Books Voices of Dragons (Voices of Dragons #1)

Title:Voices of Dragons (Voices of Dragons #1)
Author:Carrie Vaughn
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 309 pages
Published:March 16th 2010 by HarperTeen (first published January 1st 2009)
Categories:Fantasy. Dragons. Young Adult. Urban Fantasy

Rating Epithetical Books Voices of Dragons (Voices of Dragons #1)
Ratings: 3.7 From 4435 Users | 498 Reviews

Assess Epithetical Books Voices of Dragons (Voices of Dragons #1)
Basic InfoFormat: Hardback Pages/Length: 336pgsGenre: Young Adult; DragonsReason For Reading: Group Buddy ReadAt A GlanceLove Triangle/Insta Love/Obsession?: NoCliff Hanger: Kinda. Triggers: n/aRating: 3 starsScore SheetAll out of tenCover: 7Plot: 7Characters: 8World Building: 7Flow: 8Series Congruity: n/aWriting: 6Ending: 5Total: 6In DeptBest Part: Talking dragons!Worst Part: Flat charactersThoughts Had: More dragons pleaseConclusionContinuing the Series: n/aRecommending: YesShort Review: The

Set in a modern world like our own, only bodering Dragon Territory, Kay has crossed a line. She has met and talked with a Dragon. This is her adventure, only she can't tell anyone, it is illiegal to cross into Dragon. Meeting by accident, Artegal (the Dragon) saves her life (from drowning), though timid at first they become fast friends. And, you can't be a friend with a Dragon without Flying it!!!! Kay is terrified but thrilled to be doing something so reckless and free. They maintain meeting

I love that the book touches on prejudices and the fears that people have of people/ideas/things in general that are foreign to them. That, if it weren't for the bigots in this world, peace could be more of a possibility than it currently is. I'd love to use this book in class with a few others to initiate discussions of segregation, reservations, etc and have the kids relate it to actual historical events and the reasons behind people do things like this. What is it in human nature that makes

During World War II the bombs that were dropped awoke the dragons and a great war ensued. Finally a treaty was signed giving humans and dragons separate territories. Kay lives in this world sixty years later; humans and dragons have had no contact and her home town is on the border of Dragon territory. Then one day while out rock-climbing she falls and lands in a river and is washed up on the Dragon side. There she meets a dragon, Artegal, who is as curious about her as she is about him. They

Kay lives in a world very similar to our own, except that in her high school the students have regular drills of what they should do in case of dragon attack. Kay's father is the local sheriff, and her mother helps protect the border with the land ceded to dragons after World War II era nuclear explosions brought the legendary creatures back to the surface. When Kay meets a dragon after an accident, she's surprised to find out that humans and dragons can get along - and that they may have

Actual Rating: 3.5 I really enjoyed this read. The story was great. I really liked the friendship between Kay and Artegal. I loved that Artegal was able to read. At first, I thought Kay was an okay character. As the story progressed, I began to like her more and more. I did not like Tam. She was too shallow for me, and it made me wonder how Kay could be friends with her. Also, the ending did not tell me anything, so I was disappointed in the way it ended. Overall, an enjoyable read.

Bottom Line Excellent new series, this one MUST have at the very least a sequel, because once the action really picked up, it ended, which, if I am being honest, bummed me out but left me wanting more! I can only hope that we see Kay develop as a character; I also hope we get to see more Jon and Tam! I give Voices of Dragons 3 mushrooms, while I patiently await more from Ms. Carrie Vaughn. Read my full review - Voices of Dragons

0 Comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.