Download The Prestige Books For Free

List Containing Books The Prestige

Title:The Prestige
Author:Christopher Priest
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 404 pages
Published:September 15th 1997 by Tom Doherty Associates Tor Books (first published 1995)
Categories:Fiction. Fantasy. Historical. Historical Fiction. Science Fiction. Mystery
Download The Prestige  Books For Free
The Prestige Paperback | Pages: 404 pages
Rating: 3.89 | 16900 Users | 1828 Reviews

Narrative Concering Books The Prestige

In 1878, two young stage magicians clash in the dark during the course of a fraudulent séance. From this moment on, their lives become webs of deceit and revelation as they vie to outwit and expose one another. Their rivalry will take them to the peaks of their careers, but with terrible consequences. In the course of pursuing each other's ruin, they will deploy all the deception their magicians' craft can command--the highest misdirection and the darkest science. Blood will be spilled, but it will not be enough. In the end, their legacy will pass on for generations...to descendants who must, for their sanity's sake, untangle the puzzle left to them.

Define Books In Pursuance Of The Prestige

Original Title: The Prestige
ISBN: 0312858868 (ISBN13: 9780312858865)
Edition Language: English
Characters: Andrew Westley, Kate Angier, Rupert Angier, Alfred Borden, Arthur Koenig, Nikola Tesla
Literary Awards: Arthur C. Clarke Award Nominee (1996), James Tait Black Memorial Prize for Fiction (1995), World Fantasy Award for Best Novel (1996)


Rating Containing Books The Prestige
Ratings: 3.89 From 16900 Users | 1828 Reviews

Rate Containing Books The Prestige
I held him tightly against me. He was neither cold nor warm. One of his outstretched hands, clenched in fear, was touching the side of my face. The relief of finding him at last overwhelmed everything everything except the fear of this place. I wanted to turn around so that I could head back towards the exit, but to do so involved moving backwards out of the gangway. I held my past life in my arms, but I no longer knew what might be standing behind me.There was something there, though.Wow. This

Oddly enough, not as good as the movie!

I literally held off on reading this for YEARS because I "knew" I was going to love it.Heh.

Not recommended for: anyone allergic to SF-elements or who demands a simple story told from beginning to end, or who can't cope with old-fashioned prose or a slow pace.This book is quite simply a masterwork. From a slow beginning, it ratchets up the tension like an old-fashioned horror film, until it's truly thrilling. With relatively little in the way of overt psychological insight - particularly into Borden, one of the two main characters - it nonetheless constructs clear, sympathetic,

Really amazing. I thought I knew the real story based on the movie, but I was WRONG.I love the epistolary nature of the novel and how the story stretches through time, but my favorite bits were all between the two warring illusionists. I can't believe how far the two of them went to prolong their feud of pranks. It was kinda great seeing two professionals unwilling to harm their craft still work around all the little niceties to get at one another.And then while I still remembered the whole

"What follows is not sorcery, but the appearance of it."As a huge fan of Christopher Nolan, I am always exited to learn everything about his movies and how he comes up with those ideas. So it seemed essential to give this book a go. The story is told by four different perspectives and divided by five parts. The first one opens up in a modern-day London when a man so certain he has a twin brother though never seeing him is invited by a woman who tells him an eerie tale about his own childhood.

Saw the movie not so recently, but I have to agree with almost everyone, when I say I prefer actually movie. This rarely happens! Of course, book has such a interesting story, and I liked it. And I like how Priest wrote about Nikola Tesla (who is (Tesla) my favourite historical figure, ever). At times confusing, both movie and the book. But, essentially- what is important is to see how every story has like, three sides, and how revenge blinds us. Makes us so so stupid. So, this book I will rate

0 Comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.