Online Books Free Vanishing Acts Download
Point Based On Books Vanishing Acts
| Title | : | Vanishing Acts |
| Author | : | Jodi Picoult |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 426 pages |
| Published | : | November 15th 2005 by Washington Square Press (first published March 5th 2005) |
| Categories | : | Fiction. Womens Fiction. Chick Lit. Contemporary. Drama. Mystery. Adult Fiction. Adult |
Jodi Picoult
Paperback | Pages: 426 pages Rating: 3.7 | 91989 Users | 4336 Reviews
Rendition As Books Vanishing Acts
Delia Hopkins has led a charmed life. Raised in rural New Hampshire by her widowed father, Andrew, she now has a young daughter, a handsome fiance, and her own search-and-rescue bloodhound, which she uses to find missing persons. But as Delia plans her wedding, she is plagued by flashbacks of a life she can't recall. And then a policeman knocks on her door, revealing a secret that changes the world as she knows it." In shock and confusion, Delia must sift through the truth - even when it jeopardizes her life and the lives of those she loves. What happens when you learn you are not who you thought you were? When the people you've loved and trusted suddenly change before your eyes? When getting your deepest wish means giving up what you've always taken for granted? Vanishing Acts explores how life - as we know it - might not turn out the way we imagined; how doing the right thing could mean doing the wrong thing; how the memory we thought had vanished could return as a threat.
Identify Books Conducive To Vanishing Acts
| Original Title: | Vanishing Acts |
| ISBN: | 0743454553 (ISBN13: 9780743454551) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Characters: | Andrew, Eric Ross, Delia, Elise Berkley, Fitz |
| Setting: | United States of America |
Rating Based On Books Vanishing Acts
Ratings: 3.7 From 91989 Users | 4336 ReviewsWeigh Up Based On Books Vanishing Acts
It's been quite a while since I read anything by this author. I love her writing style (in this case, chapters were told in the voice of Delia, Andrew, Fitz and Eric). I have never read any of her books which haven't been thought-provoking, emotional, and more often than not based on something which can and usually does happen somewhere in the world. I'd forgotten how emotionally draining I feel after reading her works. This is a story which will stick with readers for a long time and have youWhen I reached the halfway point of this 418 page book, I found myself wishing that I could just put it down and be done with it; but since I'd made it that far, I made the commitment to trudge on through to the end. Was it worth it? Only in the sense that, having completed it, I can now add it to my "Read in 2012" list. My 3-star rating means that it was just average for me; it wasn't horrible, but it wasn't any better than "okay", either. It even bordered on being annoying. By that

This was the first Jodi Picoult novel I ever read and it got me hooked on her books. I started this book and write away I was completely engrossed in the story and the characters. I thought this was an amazing, thought-provoking story, which stayed with me long after I finished reading. As soon as I finished it I went out and brought another novel, My Sister's Keeper, by Picoult. I would definitely recommend Vanishing Acts, although it's not one of her best novels, it is still a pretty good
review to follow
"The Only Way Someone Can Leave You Is If You Let Them." Vanishing Acts is yet another well told tale by Jodi Picoult, who is a master at character development. Once again telling the story through first person accounts of the main characters, she weaves together a family drama centered on a "kidnapping" that had occurred 28 years earlier.Thirty-one year old Delia Hopkins, aka Bethany Matthews, discovers her loving and devoted father, took her away from her alcoholic mother and her childhood in
I have a slight love/hate relationship with Jodi Picoult novels. There have been a couple which I absolutely adored and several more that I didn't enjoy at all. This latest read falls firmly somewhere in the middle. I enjoyed the initial plot outline, it was something different and I felt empathy for the lead characters. By midway, I was beginning to feel a little bored as I knew where the story was heading. The writing felt dated. By the time the grand court case that Picoult is famous for came
.png)


0 Comments:
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.